Pittsburgh Torture
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USPA beginner division

+6
Cheeks33
Blackout90
kraigk-martmartin
CMiller9
cryptic
USPA
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

USPA beginner division - Page 2 Empty Re: USPA beginner division

Post  Cheeks33 Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:54 pm

cryptic wrote:Cared is holding a spot for us so we can put a deposit down. The rest of it needs to be in by I am thinking May 18th, I may be wrong on that though.

isn't the first event may 18th?

Cheeks33

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptic Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:02 pm

Ya all fees are due by May 1st
cryptic
cryptic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheeks33 Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:05 pm

cryptic wrote:Ya all fees are due by May 1st

Ok, I am talking with pat, we'll see if he can come up with the money also. That would give you very close to what you guys need to enter

Cheeks33

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheeks33 Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:24 pm

just talked to pat, you should have my money and his money either today or tomorrow

Cheeks33

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackout90 Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:37 pm

good stuff
Blackout90
Blackout90

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptic Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:26 pm

For those that will not have the money to play you can show your support by keeping the pits running smoothly between points. We need pods filled, tanks topped off and any hits cleaned off. This is just as important as actually playing. Oh, and side line coaches to call out the positions of those playing against us.
cryptic
cryptic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JCasper86 Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:34 pm

ill help but i doubt i can get the time off from work if i get hired. well pj you know how the work is out there all rig sites. 24/7 on call
JCasper86
JCasper86

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptic Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:09 pm

All you have to do is put in a day off request form Smile
cryptic
cryptic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JCasper86 Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:26 pm

yea but ill be on probation there for the first 90 days. i dont want to do nething that will cause me to lose this job. u know how your brother is he will fire my ass. plus i have drill on the 18 and 19 of may
JCasper86
JCasper86

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheeks33 Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:20 pm

so what is the word for practice?

I'll be working in rochester all day saturday and until about noon on sunday, after that, I'm free. Anyone that is available to play really needs to get out on the layout asap

Cheeks33

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheeks33 Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:33 pm

any money come in yet? Deadline is fast approaching

Cheeks33

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackout90 Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:50 pm

I will have my money in on the 26th so I will be good to go. I have no problem with working in the pit and playing I will be THE PIT BOSS!!!!! I was working on both this past practice and I wasn't doing too damn bad. I hope to see you guys out there and ready to lay down the pain
Blackout90
Blackout90

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptic Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:53 pm

Anyone else got their money?

If so send it (AS A GIFT) to my Paypal

cryptic5458@gmail.com
cryptic
cryptic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptic Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:10 am

For all those concerned: We need to make a deposit to Jared/USPA asap. If you have your money please send it as a gift to my paypal (cryptic5458@gmail.com). We need to make a deposit so he can order the jerseys. Thanks guys.
cryptic
cryptic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheeks33 Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:22 am

cryptic wrote:For all those concerned: We need to make a deposit to Jared/USPA asap. If you have your money please send it as a gift to my paypal (cryptic5458@gmail.com). We need to make a deposit so he can order the jerseys. Thanks guys.

I have money ready, just waiting on you guys

Cheeks33

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptic Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:38 pm

Got Kraigs money, get at me you other guys
cryptic
cryptic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kraigk-martmartin Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:19 pm

kraigk-martmartin
kraigk-martmartin

Back to top Go down

Post  kraigk-martmartin Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:19 pm

link above is uspa schedule for event 1
kraigk-martmartin
kraigk-martmartin

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptic Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:34 pm

Nice early game
cryptic
cryptic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kraigk-martmartin Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:05 am

we are playing against people from other countries. i looked up videos of the other teams they have been playing together for a long time and if they are traveling that far they most likely wont have too much problems money wise. Nigel will not be able to attend the first event so we will need people for the pitts and everyone will have to step it up and definitely work on cardio. i usually have no problem playing point after point.
kraigk-martmartin
kraigk-martmartin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackout90 Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:02 pm

trying to get more intel of the other teams we will be up against sadly there is not much out there but I will keep looking guys also kraig and I have made printouts of the layout of event 1 for uspa and we will hand them out at practice so everyone can start studying up In there freetime
Blackout90
Blackout90

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptic Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:36 pm

This is right around the corner so get me your money if you want to play
cryptic
cryptic
Admin

Back to top Go down

USPA beginner division - Page 2 Empty Pre-game info and mindset!

Post  kraigk-martmartin Tue May 14, 2013 7:33 pm

Okay guys, I apologize ahead of time for this long message but this is very important and I think everyone should be on the same page.

First off, we play our first major event as a whole in less than 4 days. Time to get in the mindset now if you already are not there. We really need to make a statement this first event. It will be what everyone uses to judge this team. Be respectful to each other, the refs, and even the opposing side. We have a good rep so far, lets keep it that way so we can continue to pick up good sponsors and be able to continue up the division ladders in the future. We have had a few commitment issues but we also picked up some solid new players. I would like to take this time to welcome Cecil Kimbrough to the Torture family. Also Sean, Cecil's friend who will be participating in the uspa with us as well. We found out from USPA that we are only allowed a total of 3 roster changes for all the events. So everyone on this list should be committed to all three events unless something important comes up that they must miss the event. Remember we only get 3 changes as a whole team for all events so please take this commitment seriously. I understand we do have many soldiers on our team with mandatory commitments that is fine.

As of right now, we are going to lock in the following roster for uspa and hope there will be no more surprises or further changes:

USPA Event 1 roster and jersey number: (listed by jersey number, not any precedence over each other)

1. Colt
2. Kraig
3. David
4. Pj
5. Sean
6. Cecil

With that being said, If you are listed in the 6 man roster above you also are committed to paying the event entry, which is $150 by the day of the event. This entry fee includes all day air and entry for all 3 uspa events, a jersey and a uspa id card. Jersey and ID cards will be issued at the first event.

MAKE SURE EVERYONE ON THE ROSTER GETS PJ OR ME YOUR HEADSHOT FOR YOUR ID CARD WITH YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME NO LATER THAN TONIGHT! WE NEED TO TURN THESE IN FOR OUR ID CARDS WE WILL BE GIVEN.

If you are listed in the roster above and you pay your entry fee as expected you will be able to keep the jersey for yourself, but lets make this one clear also, we will only have 6 jerseys for the entire team, which means if you cant make it to an event then you will need to loan your jersey out to someone else to use. Lets all understand this now.

Everyone Please when you have time between now and then study the field layout and look over the rules. Everyone should do this. I have played this event and still don't remember all the rules so I don't expect everyone else to either, just brush up on them and everyone do your homework!

We plan on departing Friday night and sleeping over in tents at the field. With that being said, be smart, bring your essential toiletry items, toilet paper, deodorant so you don't stink up the tent or vehicles, sleeping bag, pillow etc bring something somewhat warm incase it is cooler out at night. Get some extra sleep the night before, especially those of us that are driving because we wont have much time to sleep.

I will not be able to leave my house until 7:30 pm due to not having a baby sitter until then and I don't want to bring my newborn daughter with us. I will be picking up colt probably earlier than 7:30 and having him already with me and ready to roll when my mom gets off work and picks up my daughter. Then I will meet up with Pj, David and Katie and then we will meet up with Cecil and Sean. Its going to be a long night fellas, so be prepared. We def will have a few coffee stops/breaks. And if you are riding with someone, make sure someone else stays up with the driver to keep them awake at all possible. We don't need any accidents along the way.

Right now we have:

in my vehicle: me, Holly and colt
in Pj's vehicle: Pj, Katie and david
in Cecil's vehicle: Cecil and Sean

Me and Cecil have quad cab trucks which can fit a lot of gear.

We will be waking up pretty early to walk the field, prepare our gear and purchase and pod up our paint. I plan on getting up as soon as they open being there getting our gear. Also we will need to allot time to pack up the tents and clean up our sleeping area or camp.We will be the first team on the field boys and we are the outsiders there. Everyone else is local area teams so we are going to have to be on the ball.

USPA is a very fast paced event, with little, to no time in between games. WE ARE VERY SHORT ON BODIES, SO WE ALL NEED TO BE HELPING AND BUSY IN THE PITT. WE WILL BE RUNNING ONTO AND OFF THE FIELD, NO EXCEPTIONS AND NO WALKING WHEN HANGING THE FLAG. REMEMBER SPEED AND AGGRESSION BOYS, ITS WHAT WE ARE GOOD AT. We will have Holly and Katie helping in the pitts for us, also the three players not on the field. Of the three players not on the field, we will have one designated as a coach and the other two filling air and pods. This will need to be the system we have in place and we must stick to it if we want to be successful. My last event I played uspa we had 18 people with us and we struggled getting players on and off the field in time and had to play man down because of everyone slacking off, smoking and joking in the pitts. I expect a full effort from everyone for the whole time of the match then we all can relax.

We are a team. We are all working together for the same cause and should have this mentality throughout the entire season. We all are putting our paint together for these events. Some may not be able to afford as much as others. All paint will be podded up into pods and pods put into cases so everyone can easily grab the pods and run back onto the field. I think if we all start out purchasing 2 cases of 3 or 4star paint each we will be fine. I will be most likely picking up 3 or 4 cases to help out the team.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO SERVICE THEIR GEAR ON THURSDAY OR FRIDAY BEFORE WE LEAVE. CHANGE THE BATTERIES IN EVERYTHING. EVEN IF YOU JUST CHANGED THEM, CHANGE THEM AGAIN WITH QUALITY BATTERIES AND PACK SOME EXTRAS WITH YOU JUST TO BE PREPARED. ALSO MAKE SURE ALL OF OUR GUNS ARE ON 12.5BPS RAMP AND ARE LUBED AND READY TO AIR UP AND GO.

We need to represent our sponsors as much as possible. I understand the new players not having the new gear we just got but wear empire pants if at all possible and empire events if at all possible. I have a few older sets of events people can wear and also Colt bring both pairs of your empire pants so someone can wear them if possible.

Remember guys we are a very good team when we work together and communicate. We have beat on washed up pros and D1 players without even having our full team and full potential all on the field at once, so this event I expect no difference. The best way to beat a team that is better than you is to shoot more paint then them. Remember stay calm, cool and collective no matter what the situation and play "torture ball". Don't change our style of play for any reason or any event no matter how big or how small the event is. If we do that, I promise we will be successful.

If anyone has any questions call or text me or pj.

Give it everything we got and we will come out on top. Lets set the paintball scene back to the way it used to be, Pittsburgh on top and a forced to be reckoned with.

Lets go show NY, that Pittsburgh is here to win.

kraigk-martmartin
kraigk-martmartin

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptic Tue May 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Well said Kraig. The only thing I would like is that one of us hold on to all of the jerseys until the last event. That way they will be fresh and clean and ready to go in case someone cannot make an event.
cryptic
cryptic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mcnibbles88 Tue May 14, 2013 8:56 pm

I dont always play snake but when i do i use elbo pads
Mcnibbles88
Mcnibbles88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content